How to use Do-It-Yourself Video, well, to promote your business…
First Step: Know your BRAND – Who are you, What distinguishes you from others in your field.
Claim that Brand and Emphasize it in your videos. (Pro Tip: do this wherever your business is expressed- social outlets, webpage, emails, in person, in your documents, etc..)
Second Step: Know Yourself (on camera)
Talent Tips –
- Consider the Lighting (whether outdoors or in)
- Check your position on the screen (Use the camera in Landscape position for Facebook, Horizontal for Insta Stories)
- Frame yourself well; The top of your head should be just 2 fingers below the top of the frame
- Consider ambient sound/microphone
- Think about your face. Smile with your eyes.
- Prepare your succinct message, but don’t memorize it
- Mess Ups are Okay
Third Step: Design a “Concept” for your videos and Set Goals
- A strategic “Concept” might be, as a Realtor, for example, that you’re going to produce and share “60 Second Showings”
- A“Goal” would be, that you’re going to commit to one “60 Second Showing” per week, with other, brief, engaging posts every two days.
Finally, Go For It!
Try recording some short video clips and engaging with your audience. Check out our other posts for recommendations on Apps and Equipment we like best!